Monday, August 9, 2010

"Dreams within dreams is too unstable"

This is what Yusuf, the chemist, says when commenting on the difficulty of incepting the idea into Fischer´s mind. Yes, I am talking about the “Inception”, directed by Christopher Nolan with some big shots of film world, I will just mentions two that I really like, such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard.

The movie might be a little--ok ok, more than just a little-- complicated as there are a lot of layers and you truly do need to pay close attention if you want to understand what the heck is going on and in whose dream it is that they are dreaming to put the rest in a dream in which to perform inception. Seriously.

I, personally, liked the film. A lot. Not only because there are many stories intertwined, and there is an intricate balance of action, suspense, drama, well sci-fi too I had to add but also because it is mind-boggling.

The acting is superb. Really. Nothing more to say about that. Well, other than congratulating Di Caprio and Cotillard for their state-of-art performance of course. I dont know why, but I used to dislike Di Caprio. A lot. But recently I have come to appreciate his acting more and more. I think along with Daniel Day Lewis, he is one of the best actors in the world. As for Cotillard, I love her from the first moment I saw her in “La Vie En Rose”, or also known as Edith Piaf. She is beautiful, intelligent and talented. And French:)  What more could one ask for?

Alright, I will not make this post much longer than it should be. It is a great movie about human mind and dreams. But the kind of dreams that we might confuse with real life. Wait, have they broken into my mind too, and making me say these things? Merde, I knew something was wrong with me! Me writing a movie-review? Phew!

Shortly, here is all I have to say about this movie: It is masterfully written, beautifully directed, royally--in both senses of the word--acted, and satisfactorily watched!

Go watch it for yourself people...


PS: For those of you who want to read a little more about the movie, here are two dialogues that I loved:
   
            In order to avoid other people´s stares
            Arthur: Quick, give me a kiss!
[She kisses him and then looks around]
Ariadne: They're still looking at us.
Arthur: Yeah, it's worth a shot.

When they dont know what to about the flight
Cobb: For this to work, we'd have to buy off the pilots...
Arthur: And we'd have to buy off the flight attendants...
Saito: I bought the airline.
[Everybody turns and stares at him. Saito just shrugs]
Saito: It seemed neater.

Jajajaja ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment